1. Graduated from the Far Eastern State University of Biology faculty of Vladivostok – 1974.
2. Ph.D. (In Russia - Candidate of Biological Sciences) received in 1989 at the Moscow’s High Certification Commission of Doctor's degrees after presentation dissertation: “Chromosome variability and phylogeny of gerbils (Rodentia, Gerbillinae)” .
3. S.D. Degree of Doctor of Biological Science received in 2003 at the Moscow’s High Certification Commission of Doctor's degrees after presentation dissertation: “Problems of Karyosystematics and Phylogeny Palaearctic Rodents”.
1974-1976: Research assistant, Laboratory of Evolutionary Genetics and Zoology, IBSS RAS;
1976-1988: Research associate, Laboratory of Evolutionary Genetics and Zoology, IBSS RAS;
1989- 2003: Senior Science Researcher, Laboratory of Evolutionary Genetics and Zoology, IBSS RAS;
From January 2003: Leading science researcher, Laboratory of Evolutionary Genetics and Zoology, IBSS RAS A participant as invited lecturer in a number of international meetings.
Since 1991 a Secretary of the Specialized Defending Council of Doctor's degrees (in “Zoology, Ecology and Entomology”).
1977 – 1997 - Secretary of the Vladivostok division in Public Society of Genetics-and-Breeding of Russia.
1. From 1976 to 1999 had 19 students with scientist diploma work in the Far Eastern State University from Cytology and Zoology Chair and 1 student – from Novosibirsk State University of Genetics Faculty.
2. From 1993 to 2002 was busy as a teacher at High School.
a. Main subjects: General and Modern Biology”, and “Evolution of animals”.
b. Every year about 100 students.
3. From 1995 to 2002 was busy as a professor at Advanced Institute for Teachers in Biology.
a. Subject: Modern Biology.
b. Every year about 100 students.
4. From March 2003 to June 2003 was busy as a professor in Chairman Department of Science Kosin University, 149-1 Dongsam-dong, Yongdo-gu, Busan, Korea.
a. Subject: “Systematics of Animals”, “Modern Biology”.
b. For 65 students of 2-3 study year.
5. From March 2003 to June 2003 was busy as a professor in Professor Department of Biology, Chungbuk National University, 48 San, Gasin-dong, Cheongju 361-763, Korea.
a. Subject: “Chromosomes and Evolution”.
b. For four post-graduate students.
6. The results of scientific researches on “Karyosystematics of animals” are used in lectures in the Moscow University of lectures on a subject “Using of new methods in systematics of animals” and “Variability of micro evolutionary processes”. The document on using of materials is signed from November 19. 2002.
7. From 1999 -2002 and 2002-2006 supervisor two Ph.D. dissertation.
Main results are presented in the book and articles (see below). In the book data and problems of the karyology and mice (group Apodemus) systematics of the Palaearctic are summarized. The studies specifically focused on cytotaxonomy. The variability of the B-chromosomes was described and demonstrated G-, C-, NOR -banding of the animals chromosomes. Characteristics and banding of chromosomes from 42 species rodents from 143 populations Palaearctic regions were investigated. The chromosomal rearrangements, such as inversions and translocations, constitutive heterochromatin, nucleolus organizer regions (NORs) localization, and population cytogenetics of heterochromatin in rodents was described. Is shown to a role of chromosomal reorganizations in speciations, phylogeny and evolution. The new species (Calomyscus bailwardi, Vorontsov et Kartavtseva, 1978) and new subspecies (Meriones meridianus tropini, Kartavtseva et Korobitsyna, 1988) in during morphological investigations were described.